Unable to select Atoms and draw bonds between atoms

I believe this to be a bug with Avogadro

Environment Information

Avogadro version: v1.20
Operating system and version: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621

Expected Behavior

Using the draw tool to connect atoms together, and using the select tool to select atoms.

Actual Behavior

Atoms are not selectable using the select tool (with Atoms/Bonds option being on) and I’m not sure if this is also the issue that is preventing me from using the draw tool to make bonds between atoms. I suspect these two errors are linked and from the program unable to identify/select bonds.

Steps to Reproduce

Originally I installed Avogadro on a new computer and obtained the missing msvcp100.dll file error. I installed C++ Redistributable 2010 x64 and x86 and fixed that error. However upon trying to draw molecules and connect atoms between two bonds, the program seems unable to do so, and when I used the select tool to try to select atoms, only bonds are selected.

Thank you kindly for your time and help. Any solutions or workaround to this problem would be greatly appreeciated. This is a great platform, and the ability to manipulate bonds while optimizing the geometry is indispensible for creating conformers for computational experiments.

1 Like

The branch of Avogadro 1.2 no longer is curated. Transition to the beta of Avogadro 1.97/beta to Avogadro 2 instead: https://two.avogadro.cc/

I have the same problem, I hope you can help us. And it’s not for bad vibes, but avogadro 2 still doesn’t reach the usefulness of version 1.2.

Sure. That’s why it’s marked as beta. Are there particular features you’re missing?