Drawing tool no longer works Ver 1.2.0

I have an issue with Avogadro 1.2.0 drawing on one of my computers

Environment Information

Avogadro version: 1.2.0
Operating system and version: Windows 10

Expected Behavior

Proper Drawing

Actual Behavior

Every time I try to use the drawing tool, I cannot build off of another atom. For example, I want to draw propane. I can get no further than ethane, I cannot add another atom. I can no longer click on atoms and substitute them with different atoms. Additionally, other tools are starting to no longer work. For instance, the measuring tool no longer functions.

Steps to Reproduce

N/A

The program works fine on my other system (Windows 10, Avogadro 1.2.0). I have tried uninstalling, clearing my computer registry, reinstalls still give the same issue. I don’t know how to fix the issue.

A video showing the issue, if it helps

For multiple years, Avogadro 1.2.0 no longer is the branch of (further) development and maintenance. Current work aims for the release of Avogadro 2, a different branch of the project. Hosted on GitHub, installers/executables for MacOS, Windows, and Linux are available. Drawing molecules, joining fragments, optimization of the geometry to generate one reasonable conformer; these functions are all up and working smoothly in the current version 1.97:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif