Trying to add alloy / alchemy command

Thanks and congrats! It works great. :tada:

Any feedback on the documentation to make it easier for others?

Hello sir,
Thank you very much …glad to know its working as required :pray: :blush:

• Can we add something regarding the functionality of the codebase. I mean …like the new contributors can know easily how is the whole codebase working.
  • We can even add some tutorials but Avogadro 1 already has the documentation for the same.

The docs are quite good actually.
I feel I will be able to provide you with much better answers and points for docs after I get even more acquainted with Avogadro.

Actually, I have my exams scheduled till 18th of October so was a bit occupied studying for the same hence I am not that active in contributing right now.

Eventually if I feel that documentation needs additions or correction somewhere while using or contributing to Avogadro I’ll certainly let you know.

Thank you very much :blush:

Wait were you talking about the documentation for the scripts and plugins?
If yes, I’ll be very happy to work on the same.

Yes, I was particularly talking about the documentation for the scripts.

I’ll see if I can annotate an example in the docs.

No rush - exams are obviously more important.

Okay… Yes yes I’ll be very happy to do the needful.
I am even planning to contribute to openbabel as I feel it is more informatics and data science allied… Just waiting for the exams to get the things done👍

Hello sir,
So, I feel we should use one of the plugin files for reference example in the doc as in how the input is provided, what output we are getting, how the script works overall.

What according to you can we do? What do you think we should add in documentation?

Also, I have sent a new pr since on choosing --print options I was getting error. Then I made the minute change ie converted

list(element_dict.keys)

to

list(element_dict.keys())

Sorry, hadn’t paid attention to this previously :grimacing:
Do let me know what else can be done? Is adding replace.py as reference example in the docs a good option?

A post was split to a new topic: Working on Script Documentation