Trunk & Open Babel

I sent a message today to the Open Babel list – that we’re going to do everything possible to preserve ABI from OB-2.2 to OB-2.3. One big reason is that Avogadro wants new functionality (e.g., Raman, electronic structure, etc.) and we’ve promised our ABI will be preserved in v1.2.

So I’d like to ask the question – when do we open trunk/master to relying on OB-2.3 trunk? Or, for example, Eigen 3.0?

Cheers,
-Geoff

2009/11/11 Geoffrey Hutchison geoff.hutchison@gmail.com:

I sent a message today to the Open Babel list – that we’re going to do everything possible to preserve ABI from OB-2.2 to OB-2.3. One big reason is that Avogadro wants new functionality (e.g., Raman, electronic structure, etc.) and we’ve promised our ABI will be preserved in v1.2.

So I’d like to ask the question – when do we open trunk/master to relying on OB-2.3 trunk? Or, for example, Eigen 3.0?

Just FYI — Eigen 3.0 is still far away. So far we have agreed to aim
to make the first beta in May with an almost stable API. We don’t know
when the final release will happen.

Benoit

I’m interested in using of OB-trunk. Anybody else?

Regards,
Konstantin

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Konstantin Tokarev annulen@yandex.ru wrote:

I’m interested in using of OB-trunk. Anybody else?

I think ASAP would be the best policy – I’ve always thought of
Avogadro development as being parallel to OB, since we depend so
heavily on it. Perhaps just set some compiler flags and use ifdefs to
mantain compatibility with old versions, but the new functionality
should be there for those who want it.

Dave