Problem in the Display Types panel in the flatpak version of Avogadro 2

Hi all,

First of all, thank you for the work in Avogadro 2, specially in the flatpak package.

I am using it in the Fedora 29 and ClearLinux distributions, and both present the same issue in the Display Types panel. Suppose that the Labels box is unchecked, if I want to check it I need to click the box twice. And if I want to check the Ball and Stick box next, the first time that I click on its box, the Labels box is unchecked and I need to click again to check the Ball and Stick box.

This tooggle behavior of the last box I clicked happens everytime that I click in another box.

I don’t know if it is an issue only for the flatpak package.

HI,
Sorry for the very late reply. Have you tried non-flatpak package?

Hi,

The repository version in the Fedora 28 works fine (version 1.90). But I am changing by main dristribution from Fedora to Clear Linux and I am trying the flatpak package to avoid building from source in Clear Linux.

I believe this is just an issue in the flatpak package, otherwise a lot of people would be complaining about it.

Unfortunately I can’t replicate the issue on my system. I can click it single time and it will toggle.

What flatpak version do you have?

flatpak --version
Flatpak 1.12.7
Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20220413
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.93.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.17.2-1-default (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 12 × AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics
Memory: 7.1 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD RENOIR

Hi Kevin,

It seems that the last update in the flatpak packages and the dependencies solved the issue.

Thank you very much. If the problem returns, I post new information here.

1 Like

Glad to hear. We’re also creating AppImage with releases if that’s useful to you.