MacOS - no export options other than "Graphics"

Hello,

when trying to export a file from Avogadro 1.2.0 for Mac in VRML (I think it works for Blender?), I just don’t have the option to do so. The only shown export options are “Graphics…”, despite all plugins (including VRML) being activated within Avogadro.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem, or does it simply not work?

Cheers!

It works on my copy, so I’m not sure why you’d have the VRML plugin installed but not have it show up.

If you’re importing into Blender, you can use PDB.

Alternatively, I use the following script to do batch conversions using Open Babel and Python:

Thanks a lot.
I tried to re-install, but it doesn’t help. Do I have to install plugins for VRML or PDB separately?

Edit: I installed it on Windows via Parallels. It works there. I don’t know what the problem is.

Nope. We offer the plugins because it’s easier to develop and because some people want to remove features (e.g., for an undergrad lab).

Sorry, I guess I just edited my first response right after your message. Somehow I don’t get the options on my mac operating system, while I do when I install on windows using Parallels.

Again, I’m not sure why that’s not working for you. Avogadro 1.2 at this point isn’t maintained – we cannot build it because the toolkits used are now all deprecated.

We’re working hard to get Avogadro 2.0 out, which I can confirm has a VRML export as well.

Yes, it is strange. Maybe it will work in Avoagdro 2.0, thanks!