Ions

Hello I am a Pre-Engineering student at Yavapai College in AZ and was wondering if there was a way to build ions in Avagadro, if so how is it done?

Ryn Shuster
+1 (928) 710-6096
ryns19@me.commailto:ryns19@me.com
rshus001@scholar.yc.edumailto:rshus001@scholar.yc.edu

“Be a yardstick of quality, people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected”
-Steve Jobs

Hello I am a Pre-Engineering student at Yavapai College in AZ and was wondering if there was a way to build ions in Avagadro, if so how is it done?

It depends upon what you want to do. Could you be a bit more detailed? If you just want to create, say a Cl- ion, you can go to the “View → Properties → Atom Properties” and adjust the formal charge.

Is that what you’re trying to do?

-Geoff

I had no idea how to change valence to create say NH4- and I was wondering if you had any good note taking programs that allow for the creation of chemical formulas?
On Oct 22, 2012, at 12:05 PM, Geoffrey Hutchison geoff.hutchison@gmail.com wrote:

It depends upon what you want to do. Could you be a bit more detailed? If you just want to create, say a Cl- ion, you can go to the “View → Properties → Atom Properties” and adjust the formal charge.

Is that what you’re trying to do?

-Geoff

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
Make your web apps faster with AppDynamics
Download AppDynamics Lite for free today:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_sfd2d_oct

Avogadro-Discuss mailing list
Avogadro-Discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
avogadro-discuss List Signup and Options