Ghosting when moving / rotating / zooming on a molecule

I believe this to be a bug with Avogadro

Environment Information

Avogadro version:1.2.0
Operating system and version: Windows 10 Home 1803

Expected Behavior

Simple moving around the molecule to display differently.

Actual Behavior

When the molecule is rotated / dragged / zoomed in and out, the previous position remains in view. This leads to ghosting as the molecule moves across the screen

Steps to Reproduce

Opening or building a molecule then attempting to manipulate it in navigation mode

I am admittedly a new user, so perhaps there is something in the settings I need to change. A characteristic image looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/vc2e24e

Any help is appreciated !

No, there’s no setting for this. This is a graphics driver bug. Does the ghosting go away after a second or is it permanent?

Ah. I should have realized this… The ghosting didn’t go away and was permanent. Once you said graphics driver, I went in and checked. My laptop has a dedicated GPU (940MX) and integrated Intel graphics. It seems nVidia’s control panel didn’t know which to assign to Avogadro and was giving it the integrated GPU. After manually switching to the 940MX, everything worked fine! Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.