Crash on opening Orca output (possibly related to dummy atom?)

I believe this to be a bug with Avogadro:

I’m trying to open an Orca output file using the latest release version of Avogadro 2 (2.0.0), but it crashes immediately as soon as I select the file.

I suspect that it may be due to the fact I’m using a dummy atom in the calculation (it’s a linear molecule), but I could be wrong.

I’ll attach the Orca output file and Apple’s crash report below, in case they help.

Environment Information

Avogadro version: 2.0.0
Operating system and version: macOS 27.0, ARM

Expected Behavior

I would expect the file to open without Avogadro crashing :stuck_out_tongue:

Actual Behavior

Crash as soon as output file is selected.

Steps to Reproduce

Try to open the output file.

Avogadro2 Crash Report.txt (75.1 KB)

fclfclf–lin-freq-scsmp2-adz-cs.out (86.7 KB)

Thanks - this seems to be fixed in the latest nightly: Install — Avogadro 2.0.0 documentation

Can I add the output file to the test set? As I mentioned in the testing thread, format readers are under automated testing. So there are a variety of bugs fixed in the continuous builds set for v2.1.

I’m glad to hear that—I’ll give the nightly build a go.

Sure, you can use the output if you think it will help with future updates :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Edit: Can confirm the nightly build runs the file :+1: