Can't find the shared python module

Bugs item #2885185, was opened at 2009-10-23 18:57
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by larryhaja
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=835077&aid=2885185&group_id=165310

Please note that this message will contain a full copy of the comment thread,
including the initial issue submission, for this request,
not just the latest update.
Category: Building / Install
Group: v 1.0.0
Resolution: None
Priority: 5
Private: No
Submitted By: Lars (larryhaja)
Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Summary: Can’t find the shared python module

Initial Comment:
I just ran Avogadro 1.0.0 using the same build script as the one I’ve used building Avogadro 0.9.5-0.9.9 and I ran into this error.

.0 -lrt -lpthread -ldl -lGLU -lGL -lGLEW /usr/lib/python2.6/config/libpython2.6.a -lboost_python-mt
/usr/lib/python2.6/config/libpython2.6.a(posixmodule.o): In function posix_forkpty': /tmp/Python-2.6.2/./Modules/posixmodule.c:3745: undefined reference toforkpty’
/usr/lib/python2.6/config/libpython2.6.a(posixmodule.o): In function posix_openpty': /tmp/Python-2.6.2/./Modules/posixmodule.c:3686: undefined reference toopenpty’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [lib/libavogadro.so.1.0.0] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory /tmp/SBo/avogadro-1.0.0/build' make[1]: *** [libavogadro/src/CMakeFiles/avogadro.dir/all] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory/tmp/SBo/avogadro-1.0.0/build’
make: *** [all] Error 2

I know that this is because Cmake finds my static library instead of the dynamic python library. But why all of the sudden this change in behavior? I do know that FindPythonLibs.cmake is no longer shipped with 1.0.0 but this now makes me force Cmake to use the dynamic library rather then having Cmake find it on its own. On Arch linux this isn’t a problem as the shared lib is located in /usr/lib/python2.6/config/libpython2.6.so and Cmake finds it. But on my Slackware installation it is located in /usr/lib{,64}/libpython2.6.so (depending on architecture) and can only find the static library.

Can FindPythonLibs.cmake be re-added to the next version of Avogadro

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=835077&aid=2885185&group_id=165310