Avogadro on windows 10 store

Hi, I’m part of the UWP Open Source Community (https://github.com/UWP-Open-Source-Community). Our intent is to take Win32 Open Source applications and convert them into UWP apps through the Windows Bridge (Project Centennial).
We like your app and that’s why we decided to convert it.
In case you would like to take charge of this app and publish it yourself on the store (make us very pleased) contact us the first possible please! Otherwise, we may be responsible for publishing your app. I think is a great idea to share tris fantastic
software. If you do not want to take over the publication on the Store, can you give us permission to do so?
Sorry for my poor English.
Thanks for your help.

Sincerly, Marco Leonardi.

1 Like

Avogadro is open source, so there’s no permission needed to distribute it.

If there are modifications needed to make it available, please let us know so that we can consider merging them into the full version.

Thanks!

Hi ghutchis, thanks for the reply. It’s great to integrate AvogadrO into the windows store. I’m also a chemistry student from the University of Catania (Italy) and this program has made me love even more what I was studying and now i hope avogadro can help other people. Windows 10 store is a great chance. As soon as I get more information. I’ll let you know as soon as possible.

Sincerly, Marco Leonardi.

1 Like

@Marco_Leonardi1 Hi guys! we added Avogadro to Microsoft Store in July 2018. 318 acquisitions have been made since July 16.
However, through the app dashboard we found some frequent errors… if I can talk to someone of your team we could find a solution and update this app that seems very interesting to the students(In the last month we have a use of about 3-4 hours in some specific days of the week, this makes us think that it is used for lessons).
In private I can send you the list of errors.

Thanks for your message. The best way to submit errors is either here or on the GitHub issue list:

Thank you! I will do now!