Avogadro in teaching chem

To whom it may concern,

I’m an Italian author of chemistry handbook for highschools. I’m going to create a new educational website about chemistry. My aim is to provide students with a new approach to chemistry using software methods.
I’d like to create exercises and contents to make chemistry closer to students and I strongly believe that Avogadro would be the best choice.

So I’m writing to ask you:

•      Can I cite Avogadro in my exercises? In that way, students could download your software to figure the problem I suggest out.

•      Can I make some video-tutorial in which I show how to solve a problem I create using Avogadro? And then can I upload them on my website?

If you are interested in the project, please cite our website on your teaching page.

Waiting for an answer. Best regards,

Grazia Gliozzi

40124, Bologna, ITALY
email: grazia.gliozzi@gmail.com
linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/grazia-gliozzi-11520030

My handbooks on Amazon: https://www.amazon.it/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3AGrazia+Gliozzi&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1

Dear Grazia

Thank you for your message - it sounds very interesting!

• Can you cite Avogadro in exercises (and encourage students download) - of course. That’s the point of open source software. Please do.

• Can you make video tutorials - yes, absolutely. Again, that’s the point of open source software.

We’re proud that Avogadro has been used world-wide for teaching chemistry.

Ideally, we’d love to see the website when you feel it’s ready to share.

Thanks and best regards,

-Geoff

Thank you very much, Geoff!

My team and I are very happy we can use your software. As soon as possible we’ll share our website with the community. It would be great a partnership with Avogadro.

Thanks again,

Grazia

1 Like

Dear Geoff and dear Avogadro’ community,

we are happy to tell you that our website on how teaching using Avogadro will be online as soon as possible, with both an international version (English) and an Italian one!

Checking out links for download we noticed a thing. Using Linux it is really easy to download the Italian version of the software, but for windows is tricky. Is there any link you could suggest to who uses windows? We downloaded the English version at this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/avogadro/files/latest/download

We look forward to show you our exercises. Thank you very much,

Grazia

1 Like

Dear @ghutchis and Avogadro community,

we are glad to announce yeswechem.org is now online!

YesWeChem is a FREE website for chemistry education. We believe in open-access to education and in Avogadro software. In this way we built a new free website for teachers and students who wants to teach and learn chemistry using edu-Avogadro. In YesWeChem you will find exercises, video tutorial, short & free lessons on inorganic, organic and bio-chemistry and green chemistry insights.

Our team is based in Italy and we are Avogadro fans! We hope the Avogadro community will like our project. If you are interested in it, we will be happy to know that.

In YesWeChem there are both an Italian and an English section with more and more contents every day. we would like to contribute to the teaching section of Avogadro. Could you add our website link in the educational section of Avogadro?

Best regards,
The YesWeChem team

1 Like