I’ll admit … I actually typed “April 2020” into the title.
As a busy spring semester winds down and Google Summer of Code winds up, Avo2 development is continuing. Suggestions, bug reports, and the like are always welcome!
If you’d like to try any of this, there are nightly builds for:
Lots of bug and performance fixes!
- Fixed a bug with the manipulation tools
- Fixed a crash when creating meshes
- Fixed a crash from the new layer support
- Improved speed to generate protein cartoons
- Faster bond perception particularly on proteins / biomolecules
- Much faster secondary structure perception
- Allow mesh rendering to set colors and opacity and tweaked rendering for opaque meshes
- Allow “focus” (and unfocus) on selected atoms
- Fixed a memory leak on rendering
Work In Progress
- There’s a contribution bringing back constraints during geometry optimization … I just need to finish the new optimization framework. But this should also enable interfaces to quantum programs (e.g., Gaussian) to supply the constraints to input files.
- There’s also work to fix HTTPS issues on Windows - if you can help test it would be greatly appreciated!