Shadows of text in GL widget

Is it possible to change color of shadows of rendered text? For example, if user whant black labels, it could choose black in UI I’ve created, but labels will look ugly because shadows are also black

Regards,
Konstantin

2009/11/29 Konstantin Tokarev annulen@yandex.ru:

Is it possible to change color of shadows of rendered text? For example, if user whant black labels, it could choose black in UI I’ve created, but labels will look ugly because shadows are also black

Currently the code hardcodes the shadow to black. See line 514 here:

Avogadro team: i don’t have an opinion on this, just wanted to point
at the precise place in the code :slight_smile:

Benoit

Regards,
Konstantin

Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what’s new with
Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july

Avogadro-devel mailing list
Avogadro-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
avogadro-devel List Signup and Options

Currently the code hardcodes the shadow to black. See line 514 here:
avogadro/libavogadro/src/textrenderer_p.cpp at master · cryos/avogadro · GitHub

I think it would be reasonable to draw shadows using complementary color (probably using HSV color space)

Regards,
Konstantin

Currently glColor3f() function is used in Avogadro to set renderig color. But to make text outline contrast with color of text, color’s value needs to be obtained inside TextRenderer. Maybe some function in GL widget is needed insteas of glColor3f() to set rendering color and store it’s value inside Avogadro?

Regards,
Konstantin

Maybe some function in GL widget is needed insteas of glColor3f() to set rendering color and store it’s value inside Avogadro?

This sounds like a good idea, although IMHO, it sounds like a painter function eventually.

-Geoff

Geoffrey Hutchison wrote:

Maybe some function in GL widget is needed insteas of glColor3f() to set rendering color and store it’s value inside Avogadro?

This sounds like a good idea, although IMHO, it sounds like a painter function eventually.

You could do something like that as a stop gap, but the GL text
rendering class should be improved to store the foreground and
background color of the text, this should all be encapsulated in the
GLPainter so that drawing text using other backends is possible.