Properties dialogs

In bond and angle properties dialogs atoms are shown as their numbers in molecule. It’s not very useful. I propose show them the same way as “Element&Number in Group” label style does (already implemented for bonds). Do you like this approach?
Also I’d like to add bond type (C-C or so on) column and angle type columns
Also I think that having 5 menu action for properties is excessive - I’d preferred switching between them through combo box

Regards,
Konstantin

On Feb 21, 2010, at 8:59 AM, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

In bond and angle properties dialogs atoms are shown as their numbers in molecule. It’s not very useful. I propose show them the same way as “Element&Number in Group” label style does (already implemented for bonds). Do you like this approach?
Also I’d like to add bond type (C-C or so on) column and angle type columns

These are great.

Also I think that having 5 menu action for properties is excessive - I’d preferred switching between them through combo box

Hmm. Most people I’ve talked to like the separated properties – it’s clear that all of them are “on the menu.” But I’m not tied to the interface. I could imagine a more flexible “Properties Spreadsheet” which allowed you to add/remove columns, etc.

One trick is integrating the “molecular properties” which don’t necessarily map to a table, and the rest of them.

-Geoff

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Geoffrey Hutchison
geoff.hutchison@gmail.com wrote:

Hmm. Most people I’ve talked to like the separated properties – it’s clear that all of them are “on the menu.” But I’m not tied to the interface. I could imagine a more flexible “Properties Spreadsheet” which allowed you to add/remove columns, etc.

One trick is integrating the “molecular properties” which don’t necessarily map to a table, and the rest of them.

Just my thoughts:

I’m actually a big fan of having each extension, property type, etc in
it’s own dialog. Especially on a multihead system, it’s nice to be
able to open several different dialogs to view information and have
all of it visible at once without having to interact with the GUI.
There’s been some talk about moving away from this, and I just wanted
to throw my input into the discussion.

Dave

I think molecular properties will be very usable as small dock , e.g., below Tool Settings

Regards,
Konstantin