Drawing tools works very poorly-inconsistent

Bugs item #2000171, was opened at 2008-06-22 18:57
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by Item Submitter
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=835077&aid=2000171&group_id=165310

Please note that this message will contain a full copy of the comment thread,
including the initial issue submission, for this request,
not just the latest update.
Category: Building / Install
Group: None
Resolution: None
Priority: 5
Private: No
Submitted By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Summary: Drawing tools works very poorly-inconsistent

Initial Comment:
EMail: Emarinel@bru.bracco.com: Hi, I really like what you are trying to do with this program. But really the drawing facilty is very very poor. It appears to work very inconsistently. Sometimes right click on an atom deletes the atom, sometimes not. Sometimes adding an atom to an already existing fragment works sometimes not. I have a lot of experience with builders and drawing packages and this is so frustrating that it makes me want to throw the program away. Also: Basic operations are divided into too many modes. The drawing facility should act like a 2D drawing program like ISIS Draw for example. There really should be a peptide /fragment appending feature so that you can make peptides easily for example. Connecting fragments should be easy and its not. You should be able to insert frags and auto connect or at least put in a frag, designate the atom to connect to , put in another and designate the atom to connect to and then connect for example. In summary when I use the drawing tool I never know what’s going to happen. Now: as to the modes etc…There is no reason why every operation has to be broken up into so many modes…draw, manipulate, navigate…etc…it makes things much harder than they need to be. There has to be an unambiguous way to put in structures and assemble the molecule quickly; now it’s such a trial and error process one is super-turned off by the program.

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=835077&aid=2000171&group_id=165310