Building Avogadro 1.2.0 from source code in Ubuntu 22.04.02

Can anyone let me know the exact method to build Avogadro 1.2.0 in Ubuntu 22.04.02 as I am missing the constraint features in Avogadro 1.97.0. It asks me to use Qt4 and I am not able to find it too. Please anyone suggest me with exact method or if possible please share the app image of Avogadro 1.2.0 if available?

The branch of Avogadro 1.2 on GitHub was archived some years ago in favor to focus on a branch leading to Avogadro2 (currently at 1.97.0) which (as by my recollection) then once introduced AppImages for Linux (see e.g. https://two.avogadro.cc/). According to Wikipedia, the current stable release of Qt is version 6.5.1.

With this in mind, Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver (an LTS release) are possibly was the most recent release to include the old Avogadro (not only because the next LTS 20.04 transitioned to Python3 as default). Anyway, a point release 18.04.5 as .iso still is available (entry), the collection of additional packages e.g., with synaptic from the servers still is functional (just tested for a package different than Avogadro):

As you see OpenBabel 2.3.2 and Qt 4.8.7 are two old dependencies apt is going to resolve for you.

Just a create a separate partition for a (minimal) installation of this elder version of the supplementary (additional) operating system.

The other option is to use Docker:

Avogadro 1.2.0.exe works fine using Wine on Ubuntu 22.04. It worked perfect for me.

Yeah I tried Bottles than Wine, its working smoothly there. Thank you for your suggestion.