Build of Avogadro2 fails on Tumbleweed: file INSTALL cannot find FindLibmsym.cmake

I’ve been trying to build and install Avogadro2 by following the wiki guide and it failed at the ‘Build’ section. Precisely cmake --build . --config Release fails with the error:

Install the project...
-- Install configuration: "Debug"
-- Installing: /home/fusion809/GitHub/others/openchemistry-build/prefix/share/doc/AvogadroLibs/avogadrolibs/README.md
-- Installing: /home/fusion809/GitHub/others/openchemistry-build/prefix/share/doc/AvogadroLibs/avogadrolibs/CONTRIBUTING.md
-- Installing: /home/fusion809/GitHub/others/openchemistry-build/prefix/share/doc/AvogadroLibs/avogadrolibs/LICENSE
-- Installing: /home/fusion809/GitHub/others/openchemistry-build/prefix/lib64/cmake/avogadrolibs/AvogadroLibsConfig.cmake
-- Installing: /home/fusion809/GitHub/others/openchemistry-build/prefix/lib64/cmake/avogadrolibs/AvogadroLibsConfigVersion.cmake
-- Installing: /home/fusion809/GitHub/others/openchemistry-build/prefix/lib64/cmake/avogadrolibs/FindEigen3.cmake
-- Installing: /home/fusion809/GitHub/others/openchemistry-build/prefix/lib64/cmake/avogadrolibs/FindGLEW.cmake
-- Installing: /home/fusion809/GitHub/others/openchemistry-build/prefix/lib64/cmake/avogadrolibs/FindLibArchive.cmake
CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:49 (file):
  file INSTALL cannot find
  "/home/fusion809/GitHub/others/openchemistry/avogadrolibs/cmake/FindLibmsym.cmake".

gmake[3]: *** [Makefile:74: install] Error 1
gmake[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/avogadrolibs.dir/build.make:75: avogadrolibs-prefix/src/avogadrolibs-stamp/avogadrolibs-install] Error 2
gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:147: CMakeFiles/avogadrolibs.dir/all] Error 2
gmake: *** [Makefile:84: all] Error 2

any ideas what I’ve done wrong? I think I’ve installed all the dependencies.

Thanks for your time

1 Like

Aha, it was a silly billy mistake wherein someone misnamed a file, a symlink fixed it.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.