About "Interactive Collaboration" in todo list

Hi all,
There’s item “Interactive Collaboration” in todo list.
I’ve found Jabber library QXmpp (http://code.google.com/p/qxmpp), which is under active development now. It can provide both chat and RPC (function calls over network)

Regards,
Konstantin

I’ve found Jabber library QXmpp (GitHub - qxmpp-project/qxmpp: Cross-platform C++ XMPP client and server library), which is under active development now. It can provide both chat and RPC (function calls over network)

That’s cool. Please add that as a link to the todo page.

The trick will be to come up with a good way to sync the molecule, view, etc. between the two Avogadro programs (client / server). If we can save surfaces and other settings to CML, then we can send gzip’ed CML to establish the scene.

Thanks,
-Geoff

17.08.10, 00:15, “Geoffrey Hutchison” geoff.hutchison@gmail.com:

I’ve found Jabber library QXmpp (GitHub - qxmpp-project/qxmpp: Cross-platform C++ XMPP client and server library), which is under active development now. It can provide both chat and RPC (function calls over network)

That’s cool. Please add that as a link to the todo page.

The trick will be to come up with a good way to sync the molecule, view, etc. between the two Avogadro programs (client / server).

I think more correct model will be peer-to-peer (everyone is both client and server)

If we can save surfaces and other settings to CML, then we can send gzip’ed CML to establish the scene.

AFAIU, it’s possible to send arbitrary objects in Base64

Regards,
Konstantin